Types of Funds
The Sheyenne Valley Community Foundation serves Barnes, Ransom and Griggs County with our mission of helping the Valley thrive by inspiring the spirit of giving. We have the capacity to manage a variety of fund types. To accommodate your various interests and personal giving needs we offer the following fund types:
General Unrestricted Funds
- Used for today’s greatest needs
- Your gift of unrestricted funds allows our Board of Directors full discretion to respond to the most immediate needs of today.
- If you wish to support a specific charity in your community, a designated fund ensures all grants will be made to that organization in perpetuity.
- You may choose 1 or more organizations to receive distributions from your fund.
Field of Interest Fund
- This type of fund is designed for those who have a general area of interest but may not want to name a specific organization distributions are limited to.
- Using this type of fund is ideal for those who want to support causes like: performing arts, environment, education or other area communities.
- offers flexibility in providing scholarships from your fund. You may design your scholarship fund to help students attend a specific school, pursue a particular field of study, or a specific community.
Donor Advised Fund
- Enables you to have an active role in distributions from your fund. This allows you to be kept abreast of emerging needs or explore new grant giving ideas.
As the SVCF is a registered 501(c)(3) public charitable organization, all gifts to the Foundation are fully tax deductible and may be eligible for North Dakota income tax credits. Please consult your tax advisor for the current limits.
Sheyenne Valley Community Foundation
Andrea Nelson, Administrator
250 West Main Street
PO Box 724
Valley City ND 58702
Email: Click Here
We give a heartfelt thanks to the Sheyenne Valley Community Foundation for the grant opportunity. Without the funding we received we would not have been able to make this outdoor learning experience a reality.Nicole Powers, teacher at Jefferson Elementary