- Cost of Living
- Housing Contractor List – Available upon request
Local Real Estate Agents
- Keller Williams - Roers Realty
356 Central Ave. N, Valley City, ND 58072
- Reign Realty
201 Central Ave. S, Valley City, ND 58072
- REMAX/Lawn Realty
202 Central Ave S
Valley City, ND 58072
- Valley Realty, Inc.
330 W. Main St, Valley City, ND 58072
Local Rental Agencies
Other Resources/Independent Listings
Valley City Times Record
Ingstad Family Media- KOVC
Flex PACE for Affordable Housing
Local matching funds available to access Flex PACE for Affordable Housing through the Bank of North Dakota for multi-family housing development.
- The Bank of North Dakota's guidelines are:
- $500,000 maximum buy down (grant); leverages about $167,000 local match.
- Requires one unit to be constructed for every $25,000 of Flex PACE Affordable Housing funds provided - Example: $500,000/$25,000 = 20 units.
- Local match is a loan, maximum of 10 years.
- Principal repaid within 6 months from the date Flex PACE funds are fully expended, not to exceed 10 years.
- To meet the legislative intent, Flex PACE benefit must be passed on to tenants. The community's definition of "affordable housing" requires reduced rent by the amount of the Flex PACE interest savings provided by the Bank of North Dakota.
- Investors may be able to leverage as a property tax exemption, PILOT, Housing Finance Agency's Housing Incentive Fund, Rural Development or others.
City of Valley City
- Incentive for new home construction within the city limits
- $1600 cash, 2 year property tax exemption on first $150,0000
- 2 year Park and Recreation membership valued at $1400. Call 701-845-1700 for more information.
City of Valley City and Barnes County
- Local lenders: Contact them for.... a) In-house financing b) First time home buyers and c) Secondary market
- ND Roots Program: New/returning North Dakotans employed by a primary sector business go to: www.ndhfa.org.
- Dream Fund: Gap financing, emergency repairs, go to: www.communityworksnd.org.
- Two year property tax exemption for new home construction and major home renovations. For rural Barnes County, call 701-845-8515.